Brightwell Aquatics Florin I – Liquid Iodide Supplement for Ornamental Shrimp and Planted Freshwater Aquariums
- Brightwell Aquatics
- Date First Available:
- May 10, 2019
- Provides iodide, utilized by crustaceans (shrimp, lobsters, and crabs) to molt or shed their exoskeleton, enabling growth.
- Formulated specifically for ornamental freshwater and brackish water crustaceans maintained in planted biotope aquaria; Copper free and shrimp safe.
- Helps prevent iodine deficient issues in fish, such as goiter, by providing this element in a time-released form.
- When used in conjunction with the appropriate Florin supplements, helps establish and maintain proper water chemistry in planted and community freshwater aquaria.
- Item model number:
- Package Dimensions:
- 8.58 x 3.86 x 3.23 inches; 1.14 Pounds
Shrimp, lobsters, and crabs share in common an exoskeleton composed of a chitin/calcium carbonate composite material. The growth of crustaceans involves secretion of a new exoskeleton and molting of the old one; early life stages of crustaceans undergo constant molting to arrive at the adult stage, whereupon molting continues throughout the specimen’s adult life, albeit at a lower frequency. Iodine addition to closed aquatic systems housing crustaceans has been consistently shown to elicit molting in specimens that had not done so previously. Florin I provides iodine and iodide, the former in a time-release low-level method, the latter as a free ion. For optimal results, ensure that crustaceans receive appropriate foods and that the water chemistry in the aquarium is maintained within the proper respective ranges. TDS/General hardness, alkalinity, and elements that improve crustacean coloration and food utilization are provided by Florin Delta GH+, Florin Delta KH+, NeoTiger KH+/GH+, or Caridina GH+ and FlorinMulti, respectively. Does not require refrigeration. Not impacted by temporary freezing.
- This item ships worldwide.
- Please allow up to 7 days for items to ship from our facility.
- Electronic appliances may require a converter to work in your country.