Brightwell Aquatics FlorinMulti - Complex Multinutrient Supplement with Iron & Iodine for Freshwater Planted Aquariums
- Brightwell Aquatics
- Date First Available:
- November 21, 2008
- Provides 14 elements critical to long-term health, growth, and coloration of aquatic plants.
- May be used to establish beneficial water parameters in new aquaria, to replenish depleted elemental concentrations in aquaria that rarely receive a water change, and to re-establish concentrations in aquaria following large water changes.
- Good for the planted aquarium hobbyist seeking one solution to use for the majority of plant requirements.
- Elemental ratio reflects current understanding of general requirements for unrestricted growth of tropical aquatic plants.
- Provides 0.001% iodine to enable crustaceans (such as shrimp) to molt and grow.
- Age range description - All Life Stages
- International Shipping:
- This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer:
- Item model number:
Nutrients are substances required by plants for survival; they are collectively involved in all aspects of the biological and chemical reactions that allow plants to function properly. Brightwell Aquatics FlorinMulti provides these substances in concentrations found by researchers to be necessary for long-term health of tropical aquatic plants. These elements, and some of the processes that they are involved in, are: Potassium - Protein synthesis, water and charge balance, enzyme activation. Boron - Chlorophyll production, flowering, root growth, cell function. Carbon - Required for all organic compounds. Calcium - Cell wall stability and permeability, enzyme activation, cell response to stimuli. Chlorine - Water and charge balance, photosynthesis. Copper - Component of enzymes utilized in redox reactions that take place during photosynthesis. Iron - Required for photosynthesis, component of enzymes utilized in redox reactions. Magnesium - Component of chlorophyll, enzyme activation. Manganese - Formation of amino acids, enzyme activation. Molybdenum and Cobalt - Required for nitrate reduction. Nickel - Enzyme activation, processing of nitrogenous material. Sulfur - Component of proteins and the coenzymes that are involved with nutrient utilization and growth. Zinc - Chlorophyll production, enzyme activation. Note that Oxygen and Hydrogen are also required, but are available at all times through water, and so are not included in the list of components that comprise this solution. FlorinMulti does not contain phosphorus or nitrogen; our extensive experience with planted aquarium husbandry has led us to believe that these nutrients should be added directly if/when desired by the hobbyist in accordance with plant needs, rather than in a broad spectrum nutrient solution.
- This item ships worldwide.
- Please allow up to 7 days for items to ship from our facility.
- Electronic appliances may require a converter to work in your country.