Brightwell Aquatics Microbacter Start XLF - Tank Starting Bacteria Culture for Biological Filtration and Nitrification in Freshwater Aquariums
- Brightwell Aquatics
- Date First Available:
- April 10, 2020
- Concentrated 15X Suspension of LIVE non-pathogenic microbes, specifically formulated to extremely rapidly establish biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups, and to enhance the rate of nitrification in existing systems.
- Useful for rapidly re-establishing nitrification bacteria in case of an emergency
- Particularly useful in aquaria with high population densities and when adding new fish. Supplied in a proprietary base which provides for maximum longevity.
- Takes 5-7 days to cycle.
- Helpful to re-establish nitrifying bacteria after cleaning rocks and surfaces and after use of medications. 1. Rapid reduction of ammonia, and nitrite. 2. Prevents “New Tank Syndrome.”
- Item model number:
- Package Dimensions:
- 6.75 x 2 x 2 inches; 8.96 Ounces
MicroBacterStart XLF 15X creates a nitrifying biological filter in freshwater aquaria of all types and is particularly useful for new startups, resulting in tank cycling in 5 to 7 days in most cases. It quickly removes toxic ammonia and nitrite naturally through nitrifying bacterial action. Even though this product is potent, it may be overdosed at up to 5 times rated dosage during aquarium upsets. It should be your first choice to remove ammonia during emergencies where the filter has been inadvertently killed. MicroBacterStart XLF 15 X is a highly concentrated, selective complex of live, extremely effective microbes and enzymes that rapidly reduces the concentrations of organic nitrogen, ammonia, and nitrite in freshwater ecosystems, leading to greatly improved water quality and much faster cycling. Use of MicroBacterStart XLF does not alleviate the requirement for regular partial water changes to help maintain proper concentrations of elements that are vital to long-term health and survival of aquarium inhabitants. Notes - It is normal for clumps to form in the product and for the product and the aquarium to have an “earthy” smell or smell “off” and for the aquarium water to become cloudy and the smell and cloudiness to remain for many hours after using. This is due to the bacteria themselves and is an indication of quality and is the reason it is necessary to Shake product well immediately before using. Brightwell recommends that you not use any other type of bacteria product until your cycle with this product is complete. There are no other bacteria species that will be compatible with this nitrifying bacteria product until the cycle is complete. To add other bacteria will significantly lengthen the time it takes to cycle. Storage: Although product can withstand elevated temperatures for short periods of time, for best longevity and highest potency, keep below 80 deg F and if possible, refrigerate at 50 degrees F. Do not freeze! Freezing can kill the bacteria.
- This item ships worldwide.
- Please allow up to 7 days for items to ship from our facility.
- Electronic appliances may require a converter to work in your country.