Continuum Aquatics Coralline Purple CX - Coralline Algae Growth Accelerator for Marine Saltwater Reef Aquariums
- Continuum Aquatics
- Date First Available:
- September 19, 2012
- Encourages and accelerates growth of purple and pink coralline algae without fertilizing green algae.
- Will not pollute aquarium system like many competing products.
- Phosphate and nitrate free.
- Made in the USA.
- Age range description - All Life Stages
- International Shipping:
- This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer:
- Item model number:
Coralline Algae is not only beautiful in the marine aquarium, it takes up the space where unwanted organisms might normally grow. Because coralline algae is alive, it must be introduced into the aquarium by the addition of small pieces of live rock upon which it is already growing. This doesn't take much. You may be able to get many different types growing on small chunks at your local aquarium store. Some coralline algae will grow with little or no lighting, while others seem to enjoy strong reef lighting. It is evident that lighting does play some role, so you should experiment with it. It is important to measure phosphates and keep the level as low as possible to encourage coralline algae growth. Continuum also recommends that you maintain a calcium level of between 410 and 450 mg/L (ppm), an alkalinity level of 7 to 11 dKH (2.5 to 4 meq/L), and a magnesium level of 1250 to 1350 mg/L (ppm). Note: Aquarists keeping SPS corals should consider keeping alkalinity at 7 to no more than 9 dKH (2.5 to 3.21 meq/L). Addition of Coralline Purple-CX at night will help balance pH and prevent night time pH decline. It will also allow time for the water to clear from the cloudiness that is inherent in dissolving the aragonite particles in the product.
- This item ships worldwide.
- Please allow up to 7 days for items to ship from our facility.
- Electronic appliances may require a converter to work in your country.