Hive: Pillbug Standard
- Team Components
- Hive is needed to use this expansion
- Adds depth and complexity
- Expansion for the MENSA Select game
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer:
- Item model number:
- Flat River Group - Dropship
- Manufacturer recommended age:
- 8 - 15 years
- Mfg Recommended age:
- 8 - 15 years
- Release date:
- May 1, 2015
Hive: The Pillbug is a new pair of tiles that can be added to Hive. The pillbug moves like the queen bee - one space at a time - but it also has a special ability that it may use instead of moving. This ability allows the pillbug to move an adjacent unstacked piece (whether friendly or enemy) two spaces: up onto the pillbug itself, then down into an empty space adjacent to itself. Some exceptions for this ability: The Pillbug may not move the piece most recently moved by the opponent. The Pillbug may not move any piece in a stack of pieces. The Pillbug may not move a piece if it splits the hive (violating the One Hive Rule). The Pillbug may not move a piece through a too-narrow gap of stacked pieces (violating the Freedom to Move Rule). Any piece which physically moved (directly or by the pillbug) is rendered immobile on the next player's turn; it cannot move or be moved, nor use its special ability. The mosquito can mimic either the movement or special ability of the pillbug, even when the pillbug it is touching has been rendered immobile by another pillbug.
- This item ships worldwide.
- Please allow up to 7 days for items to ship from our facility.
- Electronic appliances may require a converter to work in your country.